First National Bank is committed to serving you with a full array of financing options. Work with us to find the right solution for your personal needs… and count on a hassle-free application process with quick, local decisions.
Available for individuals who want to make a personal purchase and might include cars, boats, motorcycles, campers, home furnishings, computers and other personal needs. Apply with our online application and get started today!
Home Improvement & Home Equity Loans
For homeowners to use the equity in their home to finance other major purchases including home improvements, education expenses, loan consolidation or any other worthwhile endeavor. Repayment terms are convenient, flexible and can be modified to fit most budgets. Home Equity Loans may have a possible tax benefit.*
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
A very convenient way to borrow and gives you the flexibility to use the current equity in your home. For home improvements or large purchases, the variable rate loan has a revolving balance and is similar to that of a credit card. Simply borrow what you need, when you need it. The interest you pay may be tax deductible. *
Student Loans - Partnership Loan
First National Bank has partnered with Iowa Student Loan to offer two supplemental private student loan programs^.
The Partnership Loan:
The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) can help you pay for college while you’re in school.
· Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
· Features variable and fixed interest rates.
· Lets you begin making principal and interest,make interest-only payments or defer payments while you attend school.
· Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release.
The Reset Loan:
The Reset Refinance Loan (Reset Loan) can help you simplify repayment or pay lower interest for existing student loans after you finish college. The Reset Loan lets you refinance or combine existing student loans into one new loan. This may help you if you have student loans with higher interest rates or are making payments to a number of different servicers.
· Competitive fixed interest rates.
· Three different repayment terms.
· An interest rate reduction benefit.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing:
· Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s smart borrowing resources.
· Student Loan Game Plan helps you learn how you can reduce the amount you may need to borrow for college.
· Return on College Investment lets you explore jobs and earnings for graduates of specific majors.
· College Funding Forecaster allows you to estimate college costs for four years based on your freshman financial aid award letter.
· Student Loan Coach, Iowa Student Loan’s blog,provides tips on how to prepare, plan for and finance college.
· Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
· Work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in post-secondary education.
*Consult your tax advisor to determine if your Home Equity Loan provides you with a tax benefit.
^First National Bank is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of Partnership and Reset Loan customers.